Smith & Garratt's expertise in town and country planning has been won over 25 years, working in both England and Scotland.
We promote clients' interests through the Development Plan process; prepare and submit applications; conduct reviews, appeals, and Public Inquiries. We liaise as necessary with the clients' other professionals in order to achieve an optimum solution tailored to the client’s individual needs.
Our caseload covers a range of developments including:
- Residential Planning (from urban expansion to single dwellings)
- Change of Use applications (such as conversions)
- Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas
- Alterations and Extensions
- Minerals & Waste; Brownfield Regeneration
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (wind, small-scale hydro, solar and ground-source)
- Agriculture (farm buildings, processing, waste disposal)
- Planning Agreements s.69, s.75, s.106 Agreements, &c.
We can deliver your project to a high standard - on time and to budget - using our full project management service. Alternatively we can assist with regulation, design, costing procurement, and/or supervision on a task-by-task basis.
Typically our projects concern green-field developments, change of use, the erection of bespoke dwellings and alterations to listed buildings.